Nadine White Co-ordinator
Marty Wells' 1951 Ford Sedan August
Marty Wells found this beautiful shoebox in pretty sad shape and brought it back to his home garage where he likes to tinker and fabricate. After much work to save the abused car it ended up with a 5" chop and the back window from a '41 Chevy. He shaved the handles and trim, and sliced and diced a '56 Chevy bumper to fit the rear. The rear quarters were extended nine inches and a '57 Chevy front bumper was added. The body is channeled 3" over a '77 Buick Regal chassis with AirRide. Marty says that building the car was quite the adventure.
- 1951 Ford sedan, channeled 3" chopped 5"
- Rear fenders extended
- '55 Olds headlights
- '57 Chevy front bumper
- Modified '56 Chevy rear bumper
- Custom flushed taillights
- Shaved handles
- Custom mixed DuPont green pearl paint, PPG clear
- Buick Regal chassis stretched 2" and narrowed 2"
- Basic Chevy 350 with an Edelbrock Performer intake and 750cfm carb
- 15x6 steelies with bullet-capped '57 Cadillac hubcaps
- 205/75/15 whitewalls
- Custom metal dash with flowing console
- Hidden drop-down digital gauge panel
- 1961 Impala steering wheel
- Honda Prelude seats
- Tan leather upholstery
- Buick Regal rear axle
- Narrowed 2"